Radishes also contain a group of compounds called isothiocyanates, which have been proven by researchers at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University to affect genetic pathways in cancer cells, thus inducing cancer cell death. It also contains a fair amount of fiber—which helps to fight colon cancer, along with a helping of Vitamin C. Sounds great, right? Well there’s one more problem…how can we incorporate radishes into our diet? That’s easy! Check out this simple, and delicious juice recipe below.
- 2 Carrots
- 15 cherry tomatoes (or 2 regular tomatoes)
- 2 red radishes
1) Peel carrots and cut them into chunks. Do the same for the radishes
2) Remove any stems from the tomatoes. If you are using regular sized tomatoes, cut them into chunks as well.
3) Run everything evenly into a juicer.
4) Make sure nothing is stronger than the other. If it can use a bit more radish, add a bit more radish. If it can use a bit more tomato or carrot, add those too.
5) Serve chilled and enjoy!