Coconut water is one of the healthiest, most beneficial liquids you can put into your body. Here are some of the benefits you can expect from it:
1) Just to test how potent it is, wait until you have a headache one day (hopefully you never do J) and try some coconut water. I promise it will get rid of it quicker than any painkiller can.
2) If you’re into sports or energy drinks, try substituting it for some coconut water. It’s very low in fat, carbohydrates and sugar so you can pretty much drink a whole lot of it without worrying about putting on extra weight. If you practice this drink substitution for a while, it can lead to weight loss—if that is your aim.
3) Coconut water can also hydrate you better than average tap water! Can you believe that? Who would have thought that there is something more hydrating than good old H2O?
4) It has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties meaning it will help to ward off sicknesses caused by viruses such as the Flu.
5) If you’re used to drinking Powerade or Gatorade to hydrate your body after working out, then give coconut water a try. It has less sodium and more potassium than your average sports drink meaning you will feel rejuvenated faster and longer after drinking it.
The only problem that most people encounter when it comes to drinking fresh coconut water or eating fresh coconut jelly, is opening the coconut. I know from experience that it can be hard, but it’s one of those things that pay off in the end. Check out the video below for some cool tips and tricks on cracking open a coconut, and enjoy!
[youtube height="HEIGHT" width="WIDTH"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LF_xNvw3-E[/youtube]